[Wellington-pm] Meeting next Tuesday (+ new books)

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue Oct 3 14:02:49 PDT 2006

Hi Mongers

The next meeting of Wellington Perl Mongers is Tuesday October 10th:

  http://wellington.pm.org/

We have two speakers lined up:

* Brenda is going to tell us about memcached (the memory caching daemon)

* I'll be talking about exception handling in Perl8 August

Neither talk is expected to be lengthy so if someone wants to volunteer
to do another short talk then let me know.

The meeting is at the usual time and place:

  6:00pm Tuesday 10 October 2006
  Level 2, Eagle Technology House
  150 Willis Street
  Wellington

The kind folk at O'Reilly have sent us another couple of books (in
return for us hosting their banner ads):

Perl Hack by chromatic with Damian Conway and Curtis "Ovid" Poe
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/

Perl Testing: A Developer's Notebook by Ian Langworth and chromatic
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perltestingadn/

Let me know if you'd like to borrow either of these.

Regards