[Wellington-pm] CPAN Mirror (and shell)

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Wed May 31 03:45:56 PDT 2006

Hi Mongers

I'm don't recall if there's been an announcement here that Catalyst is
now hosting a local CPAN mirror, but since this follows on from a
question raised during Srdjan's CPAN talk, I thought I'd mention it
here ...

The URL of the mirror is: http://cpan.catalyst.net.nz/CPAN/

It is publicly accessible, but it hasn't yet been added to the official
mirrors file.

To configure the standard CPAN shell to use this mirror, use these three
simple steps:

1. Start the shell using either this command:

     cpan

   or if that doesn't work, this one:

     perl -MCPAN -e shell

2. Use this command to select the mirror for the current session

     o conf urllist = http://cpan.catalyst.net.nz/CPAN/

3. Use this command to save the changes

     o conf commit

(Note: those last two commands each start with a lower case letter 'o'
followed by a space - intuitive huh?)