[Wellington-pm] 'my' and 'our'

Cliff Pratt enkidu at cliffp.com
Wed May 3 03:45:26 PDT 2006

I'm confused about 'my' and 'our'. Can anyone explain the difference?
Preferably in reasonably short words. <grin>

I've read the section on 'our' in "Chapter 29: Functions" in the Camel
book, but I'm not a lot wiser...

When would you use 'my' and when would you use 'our'?

I've used 'my' a squillion times before, but something tells me I should
find out more about 'our', especially as I'm trying to write object-type
stuff.

I create a variable in a package/class which is not in any method and
use 'my'. I can use it in any package/class method. Is this the correct
way of doing it?

Cheers,

Cliff

--