[Wellington-pm] A humble request

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Tue Feb 28 13:21:02 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 09:22 +1300, Srdjan wrote:
> Dear fellow mongers,
>
> Monday is unfortunately no go for me any more. Would it be a bother for anyone
> if we moved the meeting day to Tuesday? In return I will come up with a talk.
> Sorry for troubling you.

Arggghhh! Damn you people and your social commitments! :-)

I don't have a problem with moving the meeting to another night.
Tuesday and perhaps Thursday would be fine, but Wednesday is out for me.
Moving it to later in the evening also wouldn't really work for me.

The big problem is that two people who have said they can't do Tuesday
are both people who have presented talks more than once at previous
meetings.  If we were casting votes, I'd be giving past presenters at
least five votes.

Comparing the promise of one talk from Srdjan versus no more from Geoff
or Sam does not leave me in a happy place.

How many people do we have lurking out there who would like to present
at future meetings but can't do Mondays?