[Wellington-pm] Roundup of Last Night's Meeting

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Mon Nov 14 17:09:55 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 10:48 +1300, michael at diaspora.gen.nz wrote:
> Sam Vilain writes:
> >On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 10:20 +1300, Grant McLean wrote:
> >> Michael has offered to give us a talk on style issues in Perl (if I can
> >> hook him up with the relevant resources).  That leaves us with one 30
> >> minute slot to fill.
> >
> >Ooo, does that include a summary of all the best stuff from Conways
> >"Perl Best Practices" ?
>
> I think my exact words to Grant were "I'll give a talk sometime
> unspecified, if someone can get me a copy of Perl Best Practices to read".
> So Grant needs to hassle Finlay :).  (How do I get myself into these
> things?)

Yep, that's pretty much exactly how you got yourself into this thing :-)

Finlay says you can drop by and pick up the Perl Best Practice book any
time you like.

Finlay has also kindly offered to talk about 'Higher Order'-ness in Perl
at the December meeting, so that's both slots filled with a minimum of
bullying from me :-)