[Wellington-pm] Meeting Next Month

Grant McLean grant at mclean.net.nz
Wed Aug 24 02:39:30 PDT 2005

OK we have a plan.  Here it is in reverse:

The October meeting will be a version control extravaganza with a number
of different speakers talking about Subversion, SVK, Darcs and hopefully
Arch.

One common theme of these talks will be highlighting ways in which these
tools are better than CVS, so ....

The September meeting will feature a talk by Peter Kelly introducing
CVS.  If you're not yet using a version control system (and this is at
least as important for sysadmins as it is for programmers) then you'll
want to come along and find out how CVS can improve your life.  Then
after a bit of practise you can come back in October to find out about
options to make it even better.

And here's the plan again in chronological order:

September 12th:
 * Peter Kelly - An Introduction to CVS
 * Grant McLean - What I did on my Holidays (OSCON 2005)

October 10th:
 * Grant McLean - Subversion
 * Sam Vilain - SVK (and maybe hint of SVL)
 * Geoff Cant - Darcs
 * TBA - Arch

See you there
Grant