[Wellington-pm] Meeting Next Month, Common Lisp meetup same week

Geoff Cant geoff at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Aug 23 13:35:07 PDT 2005

Well, I'm still up for talking about darcs. I can't (well, I can
but...) imagine it draging on for half an hour, but I could include a
tiny section on my foray into introducing unit tests to legacy code
via symbol table hackery. Any takers?

This is a weird way of announcing it, but I'm also going to be
talking about a few Common Lisp projects at a Common Lisp meetup on
Friday 16th Sep (also at Catalyst, details at http://
clug.lisp.geek.nz). Robert Strandh (visiting from the University of
Bordeaux) will be talking about Climacs, a Common Lisp implementation
of Emacs as well as some of his other Lisp projects. All Perl Mongers
are very welcome to attend - we're not planning on evangelising lisp
so don't be afraid :)

We'll also be going out for dinner afterwards to Kai in the Bay (see
http://clug.lisp.geek.nz) and probably to a cafe for extended
rambling about lisp and programming generally.

Cheers,
--Geoff Cant (Catalyst IT)