[Wellington-pm] Next meeting

Malcolm Allison Malcolm.Allison at computerland.co.nz
Thu Dec 23 19:08:38 CST 2004

howdy all,

i'm creating a service (Win32) using perl and perlsvc from the
activestate dev kit. so far everything is going swimmingly except for
reporting startup errors back to the service control manager. i can
write errors out to a log file, but would really prefer to have
something useful output directly to the user. something better than 'The
service could not be started. The service did not report an error'. i
have tried die('something bad happened') and exit('something bad
happened') but neither get back to the user.

does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Malcolm Allison
Enterprise Systems Management Bureau
Computerland NZ