MYSQL Help!

Don Jones don at gamma.net.nz
Wed Mar 5 14:55:32 CST 2003

Hi

This is a plea for help!

This is a mysql question, with a perl script thrown in to keep it on topic, Im
asking here as I may get an intelligent response

I am not a DBA but unfortunately am the closest thing to one here, we have a
mysql db which I look after, its version: 3.22.26a on FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE (ie
OLD). This db does a bunch of isp related stuff, ie dialup users info and ip
billing.

The problem is that there is a perl script which updates a particular table
each night.

I ran this command:

mysql> delete from NeTraMet_Daily where date like '2001%';
ERROR 1034: Incorrect key file for table: 'NeTraMet_Daily'. Try to repair it

now when the script runs mysql will segfault

I asked for help on #mysql on irc.freenode.net where they politely told me I
should have upgraded 2 years ago, this is true but unfortunately doesnt help
my imediate problem.

I was also advised to use the tool myisamchk, unfortunately my version seems
to old to include this tool.

Any suggestions on how to "Try to repair it" would be welcome.

Thanks

Don Jones