Perl Mongers Meeting Next Wednesday - dans waffling

Grant McLean grantm at web.co.nz
Thu Apr 27 16:00:30 CDT 2000

From: Dan Morrison [mailto:dan.morrison at vuw.ac.nz]
> Parsing XML is dull [...]

Not if you've never done it before :-)  If you've struggled with
using regular expressions or whatever to extract useful data from
files, the first encounter with XML and an XML parser that already
knows how to make sense of the files is a liberating experience.

> Validating it is more challenging.

And potentially interesting to the group.

> Actually _USING_ XML would be interesting.

Agreed.

> I've been doing serious XSL stuff with XML::XSLT (My  stylesheet
> is a Turing machine!) and would like to see what anyone else has
> actually achieved.

Perhaps you could set the ball rolling by showing us what *you've*
achieved.  Even just a 10 minute walkthrough along the lines of
'this is an XML document, this is a style sheet, this is the
result and this is how it works'.

Regards