[Vienna-pm] Fwd: [pm_groups] Call for Venue for the Perl Conference in Europe 2019

Thomas Klausner domm at cpan.org
Fri Apr 27 04:40:56 PDT 2018

Salzburg? Linz? Wien??

----- Forwarded message from Thomas Klausner <domm at cpan.org> -----

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 13:24:28 +0200
From: Thomas Klausner <domm at cpan.org>
To: pm_groups at pm.org
Subject: [pm_groups] Call for Venue for the Perl Conference in Europe 2019

Hi!

While the Glasgow Team is already accepting talk proposals[0] for the Perl
Conference in Europe 2018, we at YEF have our mind set for 2019. So if
you always wanted to invite the European (and International) Perl
Community to your hometown for three days of massive Perl, drop us a
line at venue at yapceurope.org.

Please note that we (as of now) have not received any proposals!

Further information about preparing a complete application can be found
on our website[1]. Proposals submitted to the venue committee will be added
to this public repository[2] (you may provide private information
separately) to benefit future organizers.

The deadlines which apply to this portion of the procedure are:

31st May: Deadline for sending a letter of intent. This letter
    simply expresses interest in hosting the conference and provides
    contact information (both email and telephone) for at least two
    organizers. This is an optional step but it can be to your advantage
    to alert the venue committee of your proposal.

30th June: Deadline for sending proposals to host the Perl Conference in
    Europe 2019.

If you do not receive a confirmation for your letter of intent or
proposal within a couple of days, please personally contact a member of
the venue committee.

Please send your questions, letters of intent, and proposals to venue at yapceurope.org.

And please forward this mail to your local groups or any other people
who might be interested in hosting next year's European Perl Conference!

On behalf of the YAPC Europe Foundation,
Thomas Klausner

0: http://act.perlconference.org/tpc-2018-glasgow/newtalk
1: http://www.yapceurope.org/organizers/index.html
2: http://www.yapceurope.org/yapc_proposals/