[Vienna-pm] Oslo.pm representative visiting Vienna!

Thomas Klausner domm at cpan.org
Mon Sep 14 22:28:16 PDT 2015

Hi!

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 06:08:25AM +0200, Cosimo Streppone wrote:

> I come in peace from the land of the midnight sun's Oslo.pm.
> ..
> for me on what to see, where to dine, etc.. in Vienna

Cool!

Where aprox. are you staying? Are you also here on the weekend?

On Thursday there is a Vienna System Architects Meetup which several
members of Vienna.pm are attending (two are even giving a talk)
http://www.meetup.com/Vienna-System-Architects-Meetup/events/224847917/

I'm currently a bit too busy for my liking, so I'm not sure if I'll make
it to the meetup, or have a free evening (besides on the weekend).

/me putting on bicycle.pm hat
For things to see (besides the usual touristy stuff) I recommend renting
a bike (better a proper one than a CitibikeWien) and cycle through
Prater, Donauinsel and Lobau. Oh, and on Friday there is CriticalMass
http://www.criticalmass.at/ which is of course a funny way to see the
city (I once did a CM in London, and got to see places you'll never see
as a regular tourist). And some Perl people might also be attending (not
me, though, I have a a family event..)

Greetings,
domm

--