[Vienna-pm] Visiting Vienna soon!

Thomas Klausner domm at cpan.org
Fri Sep 28 08:34:07 PDT 2012

Hi!

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 03:29:36PM +0100, Ben Tisdall wrote:

> we'd be up for some cycling provided we can hire bikes and the traffic
> isn't too scary (Jo has quite a low threshold in this regard).

Depending on your size I can provide you with some (semi-crappy) bikes
(though I don't have any with a step-through frame). Then there is the
bike share programm (citybikewien.at, but the bikes are rather heavy).
Or Pedalpower (http://www.pedalpower.at/) (they have their shop right
around where I live, but the do charge some money...)

Of course it would depend on the weather, if it's actually nice to
cycle. But if the weather is ok we could either do a tour around the
city (there cycle paths, but there is also traffic, but we choose
low-car-routes), or around the Prater / Danube (through lots of greenery
and no cars)

> We
> wouldn't object if there was some food and drink in the mix either!

Who would? :-)

> Shall we say Thursday at any rate?

ok, so we could cycle a bit in the afternoon and then go for dinner?
(15:00-18:00 cycling, then food, or so?)

Greetings,
domm