[Vienna-pm] call for cool one/few liners

Thomas Klausner domm at cpan.org
Tue Sep 30 10:47:45 PDT 2008

Hi!

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 09:43:11AM +0200, Jozef Kutej wrote:

> does any one has a collection, is there anywhere a collection or even a single
> one example of short, nice and handy Perl scripts? The purpose is to make a
> collection on our site so that if the students hesitate if to give "that"
> workshop a try, they will get a good first impression. We can use some JAPH ...
> but I would prefer more practical thinks like CSV parsing, web pages scraping,
> task bar pop ups, ???.

As discussed yesterday, a collection of cool, short and obvious perl
scripts would be ... cool!

Thanks to CPAN, you can do great stuff with little code.
Such scripts (which have to be readable) would probably help fight Perls
image as a line-noise/write-only language

Maybe we should start some sort of competition, where everybody submits
such scripts, does a very short talk about it on Twin City Perlworkshop,
and after some voting, we have a winner who will win something.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                              http://domm.plix.at