[Vienna-pm] OpenID

Thomas Klausner domm at cpan.org
Thu Nov 27 03:47:00 PST 2008

Hi!

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 07:31:44AM +0100, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> * Lars Dɪᴇᴄᴋᴏᴡ 迪拉斯 <daxim at cpan.org> [2008-11-27 00:25]:
> > I'm writing to ask you for technical information about the
> > PAUSE authentication backend, so that OpenID can be integrated
> > into PAUSE, both acting as identity provider and allowing login
> > with OpenID.
>
> actually you don’t need any deep integration and consider it
> acceptable to ask users for their PAUSE password. In that case
> you can send an authenticated HTTP request to PAUSE with the
> user’s credentials as part of the login process and see if you
> get a 401 response or not.

I've already checked this with Andread König some time ago. To use PAUSE
as a "login backend" the usual way to do it is as Aristotle suggested:

Get the userid&pwd (via https!) from the user, request a page from PAUSE
and see if it works out.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                              http://domm.plix.at