[Vienna-pm] TodoTracker - get money for fixing TODO tests

Thomas Klausner domm at cpan.org
Wed Apr 2 13:37:03 PDT 2008

Hi!

It took a bit (ok, a lot) longer than planned, but Vienna.pm [0] is proud to
annouce the first working prototype of the Management System for TODO Test
Bounties (aka Todo Tracker) as part of the Vienna.pm Winter^WSpring of
Code [1]:

  http://todo.useperl.at>

If you're a maintainer of a Perl project and have something that needs doing
head to the the Todo Tracker and enter a TODO test for your project. Vienna.pm
will review all submitted Todo tests. Accepted Todos will be published so that
people willing to implement the features / fix the bugs can apply to do them.
Providing the project maintainers agree, the implementor gets some time to do
his/her work and will hopefully come back with a result that fulfils the test
stated with the project. When this is done and the project maintainers verify
that their Todo is fixed, Vienna.pm pays the specified amount into the
implementor's bank account.

The TODO Tracker was implemented by Matt S Trout, who donated the €1,000
earmarked for the development back into the TODO Budget for Catalyst and DBIC
related projects. It is still a bit work in progress, but we want to go ahead
before this turns into a Summer of Code...

Vienna.pm plans to spend up to €4,000, plus €1,000 more for Catalyst /
DBIx::Class projects. We would again like to thank all Sponsors and Attendees
of YAPC::Europe 2007 [2] who made this project possible by making the YAPC such
a big success.

You can find more information on how this project works in our wiki [3].

If you have any questions, suggestions or bug-reports, please send them to
todo-tracker at rt.useperl.at, where a friendly RT will record them.

0: http://vienna.pm.org/
1: http://woc.useperl.at/
2: http://vienna.yapceurope.org/ye2007/sponsors.html