[Vienna-pm] svn server fuer vienna.pm

maximilian attems max at stro.at
Mon Dec 10 04:02:47 PST 2007

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007, Roland Lammel wrote:

> Thanks for the insight,
>
> btw. that would be a really really nice topic for the next tech & social
> meet in early january.

ok if people are interested,
i'm happy to give a "git i git" talk (leo creation ;)

> Especially on GIT (basics, concept, usage, especially branching/merging) and
> also the GIT / SVN usage (differences, pros/cons, basically working with git
> and a subversion backend)

well the git svn is a special case and it's more a pain
to have still projects using that, but sure.

> Are you in vienna in (when was the meeting scheduled... hmm) the second week
> of january and of course would you like to give a presentation on it? (At
> least I'd love to see one, if you need someone to go through the subversion
> stuff, count me in, as I had to deal with subversion and a clearcase
> conversion quite a lot the last weeks)
>
> BR
>
> +rl

i'll update my slides from graz linuxwochen, metalab workshop,
debienna tip talk, but from experience i know that 1 hour is short,
so please schedule 1.5 - 2h.

regards

--
maks