[VPM] link 'bot' protection

Jer A jeremygwa at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:16:55 PST 2009

hi all,

I am designing a website service.

how do i prevent automated bots and link scrapers and cross-site scripts from access to the site, without hindering the user experience, as well as hindering the performance of the host/server/site?

My site is not graphic intensive, and I do not think anyone would be interest at grabbing anything that is graphical, only Information/Data.

I have thought of banning ip's by parsing log files, but what should I look for that is 'fishy'?

Thanks in advance for all advice/help.

Regards,
Jeremy