[VPM] Tue, 2008 Oct 7th, 7pm - October RCSS meeting

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Mon Oct 6 20:24:11 PDT 2008

Tomorrow, Tuesday, 2008 Oct 7th, is the October Recreational Computer Science
Society (RCSS) meeting, which takes place at 7pm at UVIC on the first floor of
the Engineering Computer Science (ECS) building, probably either room 104 or 130.

Some presentation details that have been discussed today follow.

------

Peter van Hardenberg said:

	I've been playing with that little micro controller I showed last meeting, so I
can wave that around for people's amusement, and also, I think Cy said he could
talk about ZFS?

Cy Schubert said:

	I will be speaking tomorrow. I'll use slides from two other presentations. I
will discuss what ZFS is from a user's perspective and attempt to get into the
internals during my second presentation. As I have a FreeBSD system on my
notebook I'll use it to show some examples during the "end user" portion of the
discussion.

Peter van Hardenberg said:

	I think there's an interesting debate to be had about how the widespread
deployment of flash drives is going to affect filesystem design. I think it's
going to lead to a total revolution and hopefully, lots of exciting new ideas to
talk about.

------

Other topics and presentations may also be had.

I look forward to seeing people there.

-- Darren Duncan