[VPM] Testing module alert

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Wed Mar 12 17:28:54 PDT 2008

I just discovered problems with the very new Test::Tester module and
the quite new Test::Builder module in the Test::Simple
distribution.  The check_test() function does not work right in
Test::Tester any more (don't know why it passed its tests) and this
causes, for instance, Test::Output to fail its tests (horribly).  Quite
probably many other modules would be affected, albeit only in their tests.

I have alerted the module authors and rolled back using the following
CPAN shell commands:

  install M/MS/MSCHWERN/Test-Simple-0.74.tar.gz
  install F/FD/FDALY/Test-Tester-0.106.tar.gz

I suggest waiting for a version of Test::Tester with a version number >
0.107 and a version of Test::Simple with a version number > 0.79_01.
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies