[VPM] January meeting?

Mon Jan 7 18:13:32 PST 2008

At 5:07 PM -0800 1/7/08, Peter Scott wrote:
>Er, did my message about a suggested topic for January get out
>there?  If we're going to meet in January I need to advertise it
>starting tomorrow.  If there's no critical mass we can leave it
>until February.

Yes, I saw it.

But while I would be happy to attend and look at other people's
submissions, I wouldn't be contributing.  Doing destructive or
obfuscated things on purpose is the opposite of how I think and I
wouldn't know where to begin.

Now, I have made further progress on my database stuff since last
year and could talk about it, though I would prefer to have more time
to prepare.  It doesn't execute yet, though I'm further ahead in
design and there could be a bit more example code to display.  A
presentation would be much better if done later than January though.

In fact, I'll forward an example to the list in a few minutes for the
curious, regardless of what happens with a meeting.

Separately, the RCSS group is now bandying about having a
later-January meeting (since Jan 1 was obviously off the table), and
suggested the same week that VPM would be, but they are looking for
content, so perhaps we could have a combined meeting again next week?

-- Darren Duncan