[VPM] Victoria.pm Meeting?

mock mock at obscurity.org
Tue Sep 25 10:42:47 PDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 07:58:00AM -0700, Peter Scott wrote:
> Hi.  It's been ... a while since we met.  UVic was a great place to
> meet.  Do we have anyone who can secure a room for us there, or any
> suggestions for somewhere else to meet (that you know you can gain access to)?

Enquisite, where I work, is willing to host a meeting.  They have a room with
a projector available.

> News from OSCON is that the authors are starting the Perl 6 books
> (Learning, Programming)... no promises on the release date for Perl 6
> itself but the books will take about 6 months to write and 3 months for
> O'Reilly to produce.

I didn't quite get that level of optimism when I was at YAPC::EU, but things
do seem to be steadily moving along.  Speaking of which, I have a couple of
20 minute talks that I did there if we're casting about for speakers.

mock