[VPM] shaw.ca host and perl question

Fri May 18 21:32:27 PDT 2007

At 7:43 PM -0700 5/18/07, Jer A wrote:
>I am wondering if shaw.ca hosting, will allow a perl cgi-script to launch a
>long running perl script daemon like process? is this possible, and is this
>common?

I would say that what you are thinking of is un-common.  If you want
to have a continuing process, you either use the likes of mod_perl,
or you setup your daemon using a system config file, or start it
while in a shell.  I can't say more than that.  Except, ask the Shaw
tech support; they are there for answering questions of their paying
customers, which you are or represent. -- Darren Duncan