[VPM] Perl 5.9.5 has been released

Mon Jul 9 22:32:30 PDT 2007

At 12:34 PM -0700 7/9/07, Peter Scott wrote:
>  >Does this mean, that perl 6 is going to be released soon?....how long?
>
>Not in and of itself.  Perl 5 will have a 5.10, 5.12, etc regardless
>of when Perl 6 comes out.
>
>BTW, I am still under the impression that 5.<odd number> releases are
>development releases, and 5.<even number> releases are the stable
>versions.  Unless that policy got changed without my noticing, I
>probably wouldn't use 5.9.anything, certainly not for a customer.

That is all true, 5.9.x and 5.11.x et al are experimental releases
and shouldn't be used in production.  However, part of why I made
this announcement is that I now consider 5.9.5 to be stable enough to
use on my own development machine.  The 5.9.x series is feature
complete and has no test failures, and has already been tested
against much of CPAN; now it is just being further stabilized. --
Darren Duncan