[VPM] some OSCON 2007 lightning talks on utube

Fri Aug 3 18:10:48 PDT 2007

For those of you who haven't seen them before, here's some utubed
examples of OSCON lightning talks, where anyone can go up and give a
talk, with a strict 5 minute time limit; they are often humorous.  (I
also gave one in 2005.)  I won't recommend or dis-recommend any in
this email. -- Darren Duncan

------------

Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 00:13:42 +0100
From: Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce at pobox.com>
To: dbi-users at perl.org
Cc: dbi-announce at perl.org
Subject: (Fwd) [use Perl] Stories for 2007-08-03

----- Forwarded message from pudge at perl.org -----

Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 02:04:05 +0000
From: pudge at perl.org
Subject: [use Perl] Stories for 2007-08-03
To: Tim.Bunce at pobox.com

use Perl Daily Newsletter

In this issue:
     * OSCON 2007 Perl Lightning Talks on YouTube
     * Perl-IL Meeting on 14 August 2007

| OSCON 2007 Perl Lightning Talks on YouTube                         |
|   posted by pudge on Thursday August 02, @14:21 (Events)           |
|   http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/02/182239               |

[0]Mike Schilli writes "I've taped some of the Perl Lightning Talks at
OSCON and put them on YouTube:
   * [1] Andy Lester on "ack" and why scripts should be called programs
   * [2] Tim Bunce on DBD::Gofer
   * [3] Tim Bunce on DashProfiler
   * [4] Ask Bjorn Hansen on qpsmtpd
   * [5] Julian Cash on MoveMyData
   * [6] Michael Schwern on brewing tea
   * [7] Vani Raja on YUI CSS
   * [8] Pudge with the "Perl in a Nutshell" Song

Enjoy!"

Discuss this story at:
     http://use.perl.org/comments.pl?sid=07/08/02/182239

Links:
     0. http://perlmeister.com/
     1. http://youtube.com/watch?v=G1ynTV_E-5s
     2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_kxVBnzf8_8
     3. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_8T-NPa6ES8
     4. http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLTAs1pun5k
     5. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9qyVPUcKmiQ
     6. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9smvof85xOc
     7. http://youtube.com/watch?v=UJxQw94Yr9I
     8. http://youtube.com/watch?v=UUOArynwzz8

| Perl-IL Meeting on 14 August 2007                                  |
|   posted by brian_d_foy on Thursday August 02, @15:23 (User Groups)|
|   http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/02/194243               |

[0]The Israeli Perl Mongers will hold [1]their monthly meeting on
Tuesday, 14 August 2007 at 18:30, in the offices of F5 at 24 HaBarzel St.
in Ramat HaXayal in Tel Aviv. The meeting agenda includes a presentation
by [2]Gabor Szabo on "How Test Automation is Done in Various Open-Source
Projects", and the second part of the presentation by Yuval Ya'ari on the
internals of Perl's regular expression engine.

Discuss this story at:
     http://use.perl.org/comments.pl?sid=07/08/02/194243

Links:
     0. http://www.perl.org.il/
     1. http://www.perl.org.il/meetings/2007/20070814.html
     2. http://www.szabgab.com/

Copyright 1997-2006 pudge.  All rights reserved.

You have received this message because you subscribed to it
on use Perl.  To stop receiving this and other
messages from use Perl, or to add more messages
or change your preferences, please go to your user page.

	http://use.perl.org/my/messages

You can log in and change your preferences from there.

----- End forwarded message -----