[VPM] combined May meeting for RCSS, Victoria.pm?

Wed Apr 25 17:41:34 PDT 2007

Citing the following 2 quoted emails (though with some further
developments excluded), it occurs to me that the 2 local groups RCSS
and Victoria.pm may be able to help each other out for the month of
May by combining into one meeting.

Specifically, RCSS has a room at UVIC (and a larger attending
membership), but not really any talk.  Whereas, Victoria.pm has a
good talk (and few attending members), but it doesn't really have a
room.

I propose that "mock" give his talk to the RCSS group on the first
tuesday of May, and the Victoria.pm people attend this meeting as if
it were a VPM meeting (and I'm in both anyway).

It is still 6 days until May 1st, so there is still time to organize.

Note that RCSS meetings traditionally have multiple talks, so we
could do mock's presentation plus others that either group's members
want to do.  (Eg, there was mention of throwing something together
about Oracle's optimizer.)

What do you say?

-- Darren Duncan