[VPM] the April meeting that wasn't

mock mock at obscurity.org
Mon Apr 23 16:29:20 PDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 02:29:49PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> At 10:01 AM -0700 4/18/07, Peter Scott wrote:
> >The last email I posted on
> >the topic was several weeks ago, asking for someone who had the
> >privileges to take over booking rooms.  There were no replies.  At
> >present we have no way to get a room at UVic.
>
> I get the impression, then, that there won't be any more VPM meetings
> until we sort out the room booking situation.  We just have the
> mailing list for the moment.  So I'll take that as the norm until it
> is posted otherwise.
>
> That said, I recall hearing that the RCSS group has survived so far
> without actually booking any rooms, and they're going strong-ish.  If
> we just plan to use a downstairs room then this might work for us,
> while not optimal.  And even RCSS is looking to do bookings soon, so
> maybe I'll see if we can piggyback on their solution.
>
> -- Darren Duncan

Behold I am mock, killer of pm groups!
Seriously, I move from Vancouver, and there's an instant resurgence of the pm
group - to Victoria, and it immediately dies.  WTF?

So is there any interest in having a meeting in a pub or something until a
proper spot is found?  I'm happy to give my "MVC: More Vulnerable Code"
presentation which I gave at YAPC::Europe - if people haven't seen it, and they
don't mind crowding around a laptop.

mock