[VPM] the April meeting that wasn't

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Wed Apr 18 10:01:51 PDT 2007

At 02:46 AM 4/18/2007, Darren Duncan wrote:
>It seems that today I made the mistake of not posting to the list a
>confirmation request as to whether the April 17th Victoria.pm meeting
>was happening today, but rather just took the victoria.pm.org web
>site at its word.
>
>I travelled to Victoria today and went to the usual location at UVIC,
>but the door was locked upstairs, and the alternate downstairs room
>was occupied by others, and none others of us were there.  I then
>went home early.
>
>But still that was several hours wasted due to unnecessary travel.
>
>Take that as a lesson learned, and always ask when there isn't a list
>post that announces that a meeting is happening or canceled.

Gosh, I'm so sorry, I had completely forgotten that I had put on the
web site that there would be an April meeting.  That was a long time ago.

Every other meeting has been preceded by two emails, 8 days and 1 day
before the meeting, and this one wasn't.  The last email I posted on
the topic was several weeks ago, asking for someone who had the
privileges to take over booking rooms.  There were no replies.  At
present we have no way to get a room at UVic.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies