[VPM] Fwd: [Discuss] [job] Looking for Perl programmer/Linux admin

Fri Sep 15 14:52:51 PDT 2006

For those of you not also on the vlug-discuss list, a forward. -- Darren Duncan
---------------------

From: "Paul Wagorn" <paul at wagorn.com>
To: <discuss at vlug.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:16:14 -0700
Subject: [Discuss] [job] Looking for Perl programmer/Linux admin

Hi - Looking for someone to do programming/system admin work on an ongoing
basis.

If you or someone you know understands & has experience with the items
described below, please contact me.  Looking for someone to work at home
full time or close to full time.  Email or call me for more details or to
discuss.   My home number is 598-1482.

Thanks!
Paul
--------------
Perl
- All facets of Perl coding
- Module install / maintainence
- Regular expressions

MySQL

Linux Systems Admin
- Linux and command line tools (awk , grep , sed etc ..)
- CRON Scripts
- System backup and restore using Tar and SSH
- Writing general support scripts / System Health Scripts

- Apache and modules
- mod_rewrite in particular
- secure certificates generation / installation
- virtual hosting configuration
- Installation / maintainence (OpenSSL , mod_ssl)

- Qmail
- Magicmail smtpd server
- SMTP Front
- configuration / maintenance for mutiple domains
- Multiple Instance management

- DNS
- BIND 9
- Installation / configuration for > 100 domains

Internet Security
- Firewall
- IPChains
- IPTables

- Realtime parsing and interpreting of Apache Logs
- Realtime parsing and interpreting of Qmail Logs

- Portforwarding via SSH