[VPM] RFC: 2-part Nov tutorial on how to make an RDBMS from scratch

Mon Oct 9 14:23:31 PDT 2006

At 1:45 PM -0700 10/9/06, Peter Scott wrote:
>At 09:10 PM 10/8/2006, Darren Duncan wrote:
>>Note that I most likely won't have a slide presentation made up; the
>>live tutorial will be based on talking and writing diagrams on the
>>white/blackboard.
>
>I strongly suggest that you have some slides ready before your first
>presentation.  Ad hoc presentations rarely work as well as one would
>like.

Okay, I'll see what I can do about this.

If nothing else, I'll see if I can prepare some printed cue cards for
myself so that things move more smoothly.

But I do need to learn how to make actual slides at some point (no
experience there yet); also, I would need someone else's laptop then
as I lack my own.

To help me learn, I'll try looking at some existing presentations of
yours and substitute my own content into copies of such.

-- Darren Duncan