[VPM] need car-pool and/or room-share for OSCON 2006

Sun Jul 9 23:06:19 PDT 2006

All,

Today I made the (late) decision to sign up for the "hallway track"
of OSCON 2006 that starts in 2 weeks (
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2006/ ).

(Initially I wasn't going to go largely due to the cost, but then
yesterday I realized that I could get 80% of what I want for zero
conference fees with an "Exhibit Hall" registration; while I don't
get most sessions and tutorials, I do get the networking and many
extraneous events.)

I am writing you because I would like to know who among us, or that
is otherwise local, is going to this event.  I would also like to
know if I can car-pool with and/or room-share with you, or if you
know someone else with whom I can car-pool or room-share.

(Before you say it, I did also contact the 3 people on the event's
room-sharing wiki, but that was only about sharing, not car-pooling.)

(Note that while I could take a Greyhound-like bus both ways, I want
to do each trip within one day, and I want the southbound trip to
arrive at Portland during broad daylight for safety reasons, and I'm
not sure if that's possible or easy.)

Thank you in advance for any leads you can give me on this short notice.

Thank you. -- Darren Duncan