[VPM] my Feb 21st meeting attendence

Mon Feb 20 17:23:26 PST 2006

Hello,

Given a recent cold that I am now in the midst of recovering from
(risk of transmission should be low), I risk not being able to attend
the February VPM meeting without some assistence.

Specifically, I am in the trailing stage with a sore throat.  If I
were to travel home on my own after the meeting, that would involve
walking for a good hour (about 30-40 min of that being continuous, at
the end), and breathing the rather cold air we've been having.  This
would probably serve to aggrevate the condition.

My request is if one of you having a car can give me a ride all the
way home after the meeting.  (I don't expect to need a ride to the
meeting, as it should be warmer then.)  I live in Deep Cove, so this
would likely mean a good hour of extra driving for you, assuming you
don't normally travel into the Saanich Peninsula.

As compensation, I will pay you a reasonable sum, such as $20, to
cover your gas and time.  (Even if that sounds high for a ride, it is
still less than half of cab fare.)

At the meeting, I will make sure to sit apart from others, just in case.

Please reply as soon as possible if you can do this, today being best.

If no ride is secured in advance, before I would leave home, then I
will probably have to miss the meeting, unless I feel fully recovered
tomorrow.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. On the other hand, if there is a general recommendation that I
should just stay home anyway, despite meeting attendence being small
enough that every person would count, let me know that too.

-- Darren Duncan