[VPM] perl 5 and hyper operators on lists

Jer A jeremygwa at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 03:56:37 PST 2006

hi all,

I am new to hyper operators....I have been studying them in a perl 6 book.

Does using hyper operators,offer better performance, in manipulating lists,
than using loops?
Can I forget about loops altogether?....how complex can I make a hyper
statment?

Can Hyper operators be implemented in perl 5?..and will this still offer
better performance than loops?
what other operators can I use to make my programs loopless, and offer
better performance?

I am not as concerned about readability of code, just doing things
efficiently the perl way.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-Jeremy A.

Enter the "Telus Mobility Xbox a Day" contest for your chance to WIN!  Telus
Mobility is giving away an Microsoft Xbox® 360 every day from November 20 to
December 31, 2006! Just download Windows Live (MSN) Messenger to your
IM-capable TELUS mobile phone, and you could be a winner!
http://www.telusmobility.com/msnxbox/