[VPM] May meeting

Mon May 9 21:04:02 PDT 2005

At 2:03 PM -0700 5/9/05, Peter Scott wrote:
>So our next meeting would be on May 17... any volunteers to talk?

I could do a talk on refactoring other people's code, citing some
actual examples that I am involved with, namely the modification of
various SQL::* and DBIx::* modules on CPAN to use my SQL::Routine
module under the hood, while still keeping backwards-compatible APIs.

However, since I didn't start doing this yet, I may be pressed to
have enough material to discuss in time for next week.  But I do plan
to start any day now, and start on one of the simpler modules, so it
should be possible to finish in time for the meeting.

This said, if someone else has something good to present, I can split
the time with them, or let them have this month.

On a separate note, since I'm considering doing a Lightning Talk at
OSCON, I should practice it in advance and so may do this for a few
minutes at the June and July meetings.

-- Darren Duncan