[VPM] who's going to OSCON 2005?

Mon May 9 17:44:44 PDT 2005

I've decided today that I want to attend OSCON 2005 (
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/ ) this early August, and am
now starting to work out details.

Significant pre-registration savings can be had if one registers by
June 13th, so I'm aiming to plan things out in time for that.

Are any of you going, and if so, can I share a ride and/or room with you?

I understand that Mark McLaughlin went last year and Corey Burger may
have; are either of you going this year?

I know that Peter Scott is presenting this year, but that I can't go with him.

My main schedule involves going to the normal conference sessions,
and I'm currently leaning towards doing the tutorials also.  I *may*
even give a "lightning talk" myself.

Also, FYI, there are a variety of additional discounts for people of
various statuses (in particular, the student discount is huge).  The
only one I think I can take advantage of is the User Groups discount.

Is this user group registered with Oreilly (by the group leader) and
elligible for their discounts?  If not, can it become registered?

Anyone who is planning to go and/or has gone before, please either
contact me privately so we can discuss it further, or reply on-list
as you think is most appropriate.

Thank you in advance. -- Darren Duncan