[VPM] Victoria Perl Mongers meeting: June 21

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Tue Jun 14 08:53:39 PDT 2005

Victoria.pm will meet at its regular date, time, and nearly the same
place on Tuesday, June 21, 7pm, at UVic.  The location will be
announced the day before.

Abram Hindle will cover:

   Making Chat bots and scripts with

	Net::IRC
	Net::OSCAR
	Irssi  - Scripts
	XChat - Scripts

   Successful Architectures and Patterns for developing bots.  Minor
IRC details.

This sounds particularly useful and interesting to me - I have a
backburned project to create an IRC bot for a help desk and one of
Abram's previous talks on Parse::RecDescent was very helpful.  These
days, IRC bots are the most ubiquitous examples of artificial
intelligence to be found.  purl on #perl is a notorious example.

Other topics to be covered as time permits; make requests for anything
particular.

(Courtesy copy to VLUG members by permission of the list
manager.  Victoria.pm's home page is <http://victoria.pm.org/>.)
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies