[VPM] RFC - my Lightning Talk for OSCON 2005

Fri Jul 22 17:06:43 PDT 2005

Following my email from yesterday,

I have gotten a second wind and now released the second major draft
of my Lightning Talk, at
http://darrenduncan.net/OSCON/OSCON2005LightningTalk.txt .

Large changes were made so that it reads better is shorter, and is
easier to understand, while still saying everything important.  Many
parts were reordered and summarized.

This new version clocks in at a few seconds over 5 minutes on my last
reading, so I'll want to shave it some more, but the hard work is
done.

I still would appreciate any feedback should you find any parts of
the talk confusing or incorrect.  Likewise, any further edit
suggestions for length.  Likewise, anything I should say but didn't,
or didn't but should.

I can take suggestions any time through the next week, though earlier
is better.

Also, despite my previous statement, I may try to have some visuals
after all, rather than this being all spoken.

Thank you. -- Darren Duncan