[VPM] Meeting

Wed Sep 15 13:33:51 CDT 2004

At 10:35 AM -0700 9/15/04, Peter Scott wrote:
>Okay, if we had a consensus I must have missed it, so here's my
>suggestion for next week's meeting:
>
>I'll talk on Perl's command line flag (use of -l, -p, -F, that kind
>of thing) and ramifications thereof.  I'll do most of it on a
>whiteboard since the supporting material is just perldoc perlrun.
>I'd prefer to keep it to under an hour and give someone else a
>chance to talk about something brief in the other half.  How's that
>sound?

That works for me.

I could introduce my database portability modules in the second hour,
mostly on the white board, and without running code or handouts.
While I may have running code by then, I wouldn't count on it.
Considering my progress rate, I certainly shouldn't take up the whole
2 hours.

Of course, if someone else has something to discuss in the second
hour, I'll put off my thing until October, when I can do a much
better job of it (not that I can't do a lot of good even now).

Has anyone in the group not talked yet?

BTW, that "Tim Oreilly in a Nutshell" book is a great read.

-- Darren Duncan