[VPM] LinuxFest NorthWest - anyone want to fly?

Carl B. Constantine cconstan at csc.UVic.CA
Mon Mar 15 17:19:24 CST 2004

*On Mon Mar 15, 2004 at 03:13:23PM -0800, Darren Duncan (darren at DarrenDuncan.net) wrote:
> At 2:22 PM -0800 3/15/04, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> >*On Mon Mar 15, 2004 at 01:34:42PM -0800, Peter Scott (Peter at PSDT.com)
> >wrote:
> >> I'm contemplating going to the LinuxFest in Bellingham.  With the
> >> Victoria Clipper not running due to the low season, the travel options
> >> mostly suck and appear to require two overnight stays... unless you fly.
> >
> >I'm driving over. It's not far. I'm going to make arrangements to stay
> >at the Hampton in Bellingham and the college is not far from there. If
> >anyone wants to ride with me (I can take 2 or 3 ppl) and split the cost,
> >I'm game.
> >
> >Let me know.
>
> This whole thing does appeal to me somewhat.  And I have never been
> to a LinuxFest before.  Somehow I expected to attend a Perl-specific
> event first.
>
> Still, I will need to know some other details such as when this event
> is and other relevant costs, whether for the conference itself or the
> hotel or the likely cost of gas.
>
> So I'll need more info before I can decide.  Which I'll try to look up.

http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/

I'd be going over the afternoon before and helping set up.

--
Carl B. Constantine         University of Victoria
Programmer Analyst          http://www.csc.uvic.ca