[VPM] LinuxFest NorthWest - anyone want to fly?

Mon Mar 15 17:13:23 CST 2004

At 2:22 PM -0800 3/15/04, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
>*On Mon Mar 15, 2004 at 01:34:42PM -0800, Peter Scott (Peter at PSDT.com) wrote:
>>  I'm contemplating going to the LinuxFest in Bellingham.  With the
>>  Victoria Clipper not running due to the low season, the travel options
>>  mostly suck and appear to require two overnight stays... unless you fly.
>
>I'm driving over. It's not far. I'm going to make arrangements to stay
>at the Hampton in Bellingham and the college is not far from there. If
>anyone wants to ride with me (I can take 2 or 3 ppl) and split the cost,
>I'm game.
>
>Let me know.

This whole thing does appeal to me somewhat.  And I have never been
to a LinuxFest before.  Somehow I expected to attend a Perl-specific
event first.

Still, I will need to know some other details such as when this event
is and other relevant costs, whether for the conference itself or the
hotel or the likely cost of gas.

So I'll need more info before I can decide.  Which I'll try to look up.

However, it does seem like a low risk and low cost affair in the
grand scheme of things.  It's not like I'd be gone for 2 weeks or be
paying 4 figures.  So for this moment I'd say that I'm 60-70% sure
that I can go, and will go with you two.

Note: If you're driving, then you may be taking a ferry around Sidney
or Swartz Bay, which is just a few minutes from where I live, so
pickup/dropoff should be easy.

Shall we talk about this more at the meeting tomorrow?

-- Darren Duncan