[VPM] LinuxFest NorthWest - anyone want to fly?

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Mon Mar 15 15:34:42 CST 2004

I'm contemplating going to the LinuxFest in Bellingham.  With the
Victoria Clipper not running due to the low season, the travel options
mostly suck and appear to require two overnight stays... unless you fly.

I checked into air charter; San Juan Airlines will do it for $350 USD
each way for a plane holding 5 passengers, i.e., $140 USD each for the
round trip. (I also called Rite Bros of Port Angeles; they're a bit
more expensive.)

I know that the *cheapest* way is for a bunch of people to crowd into a
car and leave and return at ungodly hours; but that sort of thing
ceased to appeal to me some years ago.

I called several air charters with bases in Victoria (Hyack, Juan, NAV
Air, Baxter, Canada Coastal), none of them would do it at all.  Maybe
one of you knows one I missed that will.

So my question is whether there are 4 other people interested in this
option: ~$185 CAD for air charter from Victoria Airport, figure we'd
leave around 8am, looks like a short taxi ride at the other end (not
included), return the same way at say 7pm.  Squeak up if interested please.

(I asked about their larger planes and for some reason, it works out
cheaper to charter two of the smaller ones than a bigger one.  Go figure.)
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies