[VPM] subject of June meeting?

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Mon Jun 14 20:59:52 CDT 2004

At 06:23 PM 6/14/2004, Darren Duncan wrote:
>At 1:25 PM -0700 6/14/04, Peter Scott wrote:
>>Sounds good.  Do you think you might also talk about a more
>>introductory topic some time, drawing on your expertise in databases perhaps?
>
>I could.  And I did a few months ago.  Though this time I'm thinking I
>should do more preparation and actually demonstrate stuff on a live
>database, for which I'll need the portable computer.  I will post this
>to the list later if it will happen.

Sure.  And those of you out there who have learned something you like
about Perl - that's enough to come and talk.  Don't assume you have to
be an expert to speak.  There are others in the group who are at the
same level of expertise who will be interested in anything you've found
out regardless of how familiar it may be to the gurus.

>>Don't know how many regulars, but they've had ~12 show up to the two
>>meetings involving me.  Age - dunno, think about 6-7 years.
>
>I guess it isn't one of those huge chapters then, with several hundred
>or thousand people.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't London.pm
>have around 1000 people?

I don't know their size but it is very big.  So are Boston.pm and
NY.pm, I believe.  We're doing okay as PMs go.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies