[VPM] subject of June meeting?

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Mon Jun 14 15:25:55 CDT 2004

At 12:42 PM 6/14/2004, Darren Duncan wrote:
>At 9:12 AM -0700 6/14/04, Peter Scott wrote:
>>Having asked several times over the last couple of months for a
>>volunteer speaker for June, I think we are not going to get one in 24
>>hours.  Therefore, I am cancelling the June VPM meeting; next meeting
>>will be July 20.
>
>Okay, I'll update the web site to that effect soon, unless you happen
>to first.

Please go ahead and own the web site...

>>Anyone care to present something there?  It need not take the whole
>>time, we can work with talks as short as 15 minutes if we have enough of them.
>
>While I don't know if I'll be ready by then or not, I can give a talk
>in July about my database access framework that consists mainly of
>'SQL::SyntaxModel' and 'Rosetta'.  I just want to upload a few more
>versions to CPAN first, so that it is ready to be "used", and make a
>general announcement on the DBI related lists to solicit pre-alpha feedback.

Sounds good.  Do you think you might also talk about a more
introductory topic some time, drawing on your expertise in databases perhaps?

>>(Sometime we will have the social event you suggest, but I want more
>>people to be available.  I was just down in Los Angeles and LA.pm had
>>a restaurant get-together for me, then headed over to Ask Bjorn
>>Hansen's surprise birthday party a few doors away.)
>
>Sounds like that was fun.
>
>Out of curiosity, how many regular members does LA.pm have, and how
>old is that group?

Don't know how many regulars, but they've had ~12 show up to the two
meetings involving me.  Age - dunno, think about 6-7 years.

>Also, is 'Ask' the guy's first name, or is that a nickname and his
>real first name is 'Bjorn'?  Pick one, or a third option.

AFAICT that is his actual first name.
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies