[VPM] ROom Booked, and this week's plans

Mon Feb 16 17:59:30 CST 2004

At 3:33 PM -0800 2/16/04, abez wrote:
>The next meeting should be held at:
>Tue 24FEB04
>7:00pm- 9:00pm  Cntr for Innovative Teach 120
>abram

I'll mark that on my calendar.

Incidentally, I posted Rosetta-0.23 very late (3:30am) on last
Thursday night, which mostly straightens out some of the design hard
work that I had to do.

The release I am currently working on, 24, should actually be
functional in regards to doing work with some databases.  I plan to
have it posted before the end of this week so that any of you eager
beavers can play with it prior to the group meeting.

Note that this version should/may support all of the following to some extent:
	- Oracle 8 or 9
	- SQLite 2.8.12
	- PostgreSQL 7.4
	- MySQL 4.x/5.x (and maybe 3.23.x)
	- OpenBase 8.0
Those are ones that either I have some detail of knowledge of, or
have used extensively before on another computer, or that I can
install easily on my computer.  Those will be improved and others
added in later releases.

That said, its very possible that SQLite will be the only one I have
actually *tested* it with, as that is by far the easiest one to
install:
- Install Perl (5.8.3 for me)
- Install DBI (1.40 for me)
- Install DBD::SQLite (0.31 for me)
- that's it; the actual database is embedded in the DBD, works
without any setup

-- Darren Duncan