[VPM] Victoria Perl Mongers meeting tomorrow

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Mon Aug 16 04:05:00 CDT 2004

Victoria.pm will meet at its regular date and time tomorrow, Tuesday,
August 17, 7pm, at UVic.

*** The meeting room is *different* from customary: DSB113 (David
Strong Building).
http://www.uvic.ca and look for Maps if you need directions.

Abram Hindle will give a talk on Parse::RecDescent.  I am looking
forward to this as I have a few projects coming up that need or will
benefit from this.  Basically, the answer to any question starting, "I
want to parse a grammar/syntax/language" is Parse::RecDescent.  Created
by Damian Conway, this module does everything you can think of and a
lot more besides to do with parsing and grammars, and makes it so easy
that there's no point in considering "roll-your-own" as a solution again.

Other topics to be covered as time permits; make requests for anything
particular.

Peter Scott will give away a small book of Tim O'Reilly's thinkings on
Open Source and the future (not available in stores!)  Darren Duncan
also has a duplicate printed copy of "The Perl Review" v1 #0 which will
be given away.

(Courtesy copy to VLUG members by permission of the list
manager.  Victoria.pm's home page is <http://victoria.pm.org/> and
contains meeting information.)
--
Peter Scott