[VPM] Victoria Perl Mongers meeting tomorrow

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Mon May 19 19:46:48 CDT 2003

Victoria.pm will meet tomorrow, Tuesday, May 20, 7pm, at UVic's Centre
For Innovative Teaching Room 120.  ** New location **

On this webpage there is a map

http://www.uvic.ca/maps/index.html

As well an altered map for your convenience can be found at:
http://www.abez.ca/supernaut/campus-map.png

It describes bus and parking locations...

Abram Hindle will talk on "CORBA and Perl."  I'm particularly looking
forward to this myself since I have never done any CORBA in
Perl.  (That's the Common Object Request Broker Architecture, and it's
a mature three-tier distributed object-oriented RPC mechanism.)

I'll give a first-hand report on the first YAPC::Canada if time permits.

I also have a JAPH T-shirt to give away by a fair method to be
determined at the meeting.

(Courtesy copy to VLUG members by permission of the list manager.
Victoria.pm's home page is <http://victoria.pm.org/>.)
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies