[VPM] CGI questions, and O'Reilly

Nathanael Kuipers nkuipers at uvic.ca
Fri May 16 12:22:02 CDT 2003

>I don't get any warnings from running your attached test.cgi.  Those
>messages really came from the same script? You may have a broken CGI.pm.

Yes those messages really came from the exact same script.  I think you are
right about a broken CGI.pm, I installed CGI.pm-2.93 this morning and even
with an unclean install (bad permissions for the man directory) I got only one
error (the first one), whereas when I uninstalled 2.93 and used the CGI.pm
installed by root, back to the same three errors.  My sysadmin is on holidays
in Thailand, whatever the complete remedy, it'll have to wait. =/

Thanks,

Nathanael

P.S.Michael, I was not at all made to feel put down by your email, it is
exactly those kinds of points that I don't know and that I need to know to
mentally grasp what's going on with cgi!  So thank you.