[VPM] CGI questions, and O'Reilly

Michael S. Joyce michael at negativespace.net
Thu May 15 22:49:26 CDT 2003

The problem is that you are sending your output to a file. You don't need a
header when your output is a file. Browsers know that html files are html
files. (Sorry, that wasn't meant to sound condescending, but I couldn't
think of a better way to say it.)

For a CGI program, you just send your output to STDOUT. The web server
intercepts the output and then sends it off to the web browser.

So, short answer: if your printing into a file handle, don't bother with
the header.

Michael