[VPM] Printing one line over several lines

Carl B. Constantine cconstan at csc.UVic.CA
Fri Mar 28 13:31:25 CST 2003

*On Wed Mar 26, 2003 at 04:52:17PM -0800, nkuipers (nkuipers at uvic.ca) wrote:
> The builtins approach would probably use formats, and/or line wrapping with
> Text::Wrap.
>
> But you should have a look in the Text:: namespace on CPAN, as there are many
> modules there that may be of service in getting the job done with clean code.
> Two modules that caught my eye were
>
> Text::TabularDisplay
> Text::FormatTable
>
> but there are others that look interesting.

Right now I can't get to search.cpan.org. It seems to have dropped off
the face of the planet at present. I can't get there from UVic or my
home machine.

Looking just at the module listings and the README files, I'm not sure
Text::TabularDisplay will do *quite* what I want. Text::FormatTable
doesn't really have any info in the README that would pull me in to use
it.

I'll keep looking and play with the code Peter provided as well.

--
Carl B. Constantine         University of Victoria
Programmer Analyst          http://www.csc.uvic.ca