[VPM] Printing one line over several lines

Carl B. Constantine cconstan at csc.UVic.CA
Thu Mar 27 14:15:09 CST 2003

*On Thu Mar 27, 2003 at 11:58:48AM -0800, Carl B. Constantine (cconstan at csc.UVic.CA) wrote:
> > Probably a syntax error on an immediately preceding line.
>
> nope. I put this code at the end of the file in a new subroutine like
> so:
>
> sub newHeader {
>  my @split_names = map split_name($_), @allPrinters;
>  for (my $line = 0; grep $split_names[$_][$line] => 0..$#allPrinters; $line++) {
>     my $begin = $line ? "              " : "Student Login ";
>     print $begin, map(col_fmt($_, $line, $split_names[$line]) => 0 .. $#allPrinters), "\n";
>   }
> }

did a little more digging.

> I just moved it to "global" scope and do not get any errors, but I also
> do not get printer names either.

it does need to be global scope as it's referenced in the col_fmt
routine. However it does not print the printer names at all.

--
Carl B. Constantine         University of Victoria
Programmer Analyst          http://www.csc.uvic.ca